Sunday, August 09, 2009

Finally a new post...

Wow, I am finally updating this long-dormant blog! Where to start?

I have a dog of my own, his name is Toby and that is his picture on the left-hand side of the screen. He is the most adorable little dog ever. Sometimes I look at him and can't believe just how cute he is. I like my sister's nicknames for him: Toby Two-Tone has stuck, but I also enjoy Pint-sized Pooch.

I am currently a graduate student at University of Illinois in Library and Information Science. I started in January 2009 and am really loving it. Who wouldn't, for some of my classes I get to read young adult and children's literature and get a grade for doing what I already love to do! My goal is to become a children's librarian in a public library so I can keep reading the books I love and basically get paid to do it.

Those are the two biggest changes in my life since I last posted. I worked at Barnes and Noble by my house for a year and a half, most of that time as the Children's Department Lead. I loved working there but was ready for a change. I finally figured out for myself what my mom had been saying for ages, that I should be a librarian. So I made that happen and here I am.

Next up on my reading list is The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. I have a signed copy (yay) and I've been meaning to read it since March. After that, I think I'll read The Mysterious Benedict Society because that's one I've been meaning to read too. And I'll have to read it for class this fall anyway and I need to get a head-start on those long lists of books.

I promise to be better about updating now that I've broken the avoidance pattern. :)

1 comment:

headbanger_71369 said...

Hey Rachel,
Wanted to mention I'm reading Lightning Theif right now also! Can't wait for the movie. Hope it lives up to the book.