Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gearing up for classes to start!

Classes start next week and I am getting ready for them ahead of time. I'm so proud of myself! I've already started reading for one class and planning for the others.

I'm taking four classes this semester:
  • Children's Literature

  • Fantasy Literature and Media for Youth

  • Youth Services Librarianship

  • Cataloging and Classification

I'm excited for each one, even though I know Cataloging will be challenging and difficult. I think I'm up to being OCD and detail-oriented when cataloging. I think I'll learn the most in Youth Services; that class is going to teach me how to be a children's librarian! I'm really looking forward to Children's Lit and Fantasy Lit. For Fantasy Lit I even changed the number of credit hours I'm taking it for just so I can do the final project. That might have been a crazy decision, but when else will I get to analyze fantasy for a grade?

I should get back to my reading now. At least the weather is cool and breezy so we have the windows open. But it's also pretty dark with the cloud cover so I feel like I should be napping. Have to snap out of that mode! Time for more reading (for class only!) and then lunch.

No comments: