Thursday, February 01, 2007

Knitting

I just recently started knitting (thanks to the encouragement from wonderful aunties), and I have two scarves to my name. The first one was really for practice and it's not long enough to wear, but I love the colors. The second scarf I used big needles, bulky yarn, and so it's big and warm. I've been wearing it everyday in this bitter cold weather.
_

detail of my first-ever scarf


My next project is with Debbie Bliss orange alpaca silk that really is blissfully soft. I started making a k2 p2 scarf, but it's not very wide. So I think I might make a mistake rib scarf (and possibly a matching hat) once I frog what I have and decide how many stitches to cast on. I'm not sure how wide I want it and I don't know how many stitches I'll need to achieve that desired (and elusive) width.

I should really get to reading before class tonight, but W.J.T. Mitchell's Iconology just isn't calling out to me to read it. In fact, I think he prefers to confuse his readers to prove his own astounding intellect surpasses theirs. I need to get off this computer before it sucks away my entire day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember that orange yarn! ;)

And listen to you -- k2p2's, mistake ribs -- knitlingo!

xoxo